Monday, November 9, 2009

Stephanie A’s Review of an Article on Business Writing

When searching the internet for tips on effective business writing, I came across this great article by Sharif Khan titled “Business Writing Tips for Professionals.” This article offers simple suggestions that everyone can use to improve their business writing skills. I think this article could be extremely helpful with all kinds of business writing. The information provided is straightforward, making it an easy read.


One of the best suggestions this article gives is to print out your business documents and read them out loud to edit them. This way you can correct any awkwardness in your writing, making it flow better. I think this is a great tip. No one wants their writing to come across as awkward or choppy!


Another tip that I really like is to use a strong, active voice instead of the impersonal, passive voice. Using an active voice expresses confidence and decisiveness. We definitely want to come across as strong and confident, so incorporating the active voice in our business writing is a tip that we can all use.


Overall, I found the tips in this article to be very useful. I think everyone could use these suggestions to improve their business writing. I enjoyed reading this article and I hope that you will too!


Link to article:


http://www.articlesbase.com/corporate-articles/business-writing-tips-for-professionals-255159.html

2 comments:

  1. Adding a graphic would have been nice. I liked your use of voice in this article review. Good grammar and mechanics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post! You were strong and to the point, and I didn't notice any grammatical errors! I always try to read my work out loud before submitting. I almost always find mistakes that I missed when I read it to myself in my head.

    ReplyDelete